Amy Lynn's Voice Overs F.A.Q.
Questions you may have before you order.
Q. Does it cost extra for the files to be broken up?
Q. Is that your natural voice?
A. Yes, some tracks have echo added though but yes it's
Q. Why should I hire you?
A. Because I strive hard to make sure you are happy with your order plus the offer for re-recordings isn't
something other voice over artists offer.
Q. Can you add effects like reverb to the tracks?
Q. Can you mix tracks if I need you to?
Q. Does it cost extra for background music?
A. Yes, as I have to pay the person that creates it for
Q. How can you deliver the files?
A. I can zip them and email them, or upload them or
deliver them to you by CD or DVD.
Q. What payment options do you prefer?
A. PayPal but have recently started to accept Amazon Gift Cards.
Q. Can you do a sample for me?
A. Samples are provided on
http://www.amylynn.org/samples. I have posted the
following samples for a reason. Please do not request
samples or demos not listed. Repeatedly asking for
custom samples will be considered harassment. I do not
provide samples or demos other than the ones upon the
site. I have provided more samples and demos than any
other voice artist. If you feel you still must have a
sample or demo before completing your order, please
explain why. Custom made samples or demos will be in low
quality if I must provide them, as well as a slight
charge will be applied. If you feel your request was
declined unjustly, I apologize. Samples take time studio
time to record and edit which is why they are not
provided without proper explanation. References are
listed upon my site to help you decide if my vast amount
of samples isn't enough for you. Please feel free to
Q. Can the order be kept confidential?
A. Certainly. I would never make public anything my
clients wish to be kept discrete. My company and I
are under multiple NDA's and have no problem signing one
for you or your company.
Q. Can my order be done within a day?
A. In most cases yes. 24 hour turnaround time applies
only to orders under two hours unless otherwise noted in
an e-mail response. Not responsible for response time to
questions once the script is received.
Q. Can I get a discount for return orders or bulk
A. Yes. Return clients are always a blessing. Bulk
orders are no problem and I do provide discounts for
Q. How do I submit a question for this page?
A. Simply go to the Inquiries, or the Orders page, and
submit your question there.
Q. Why do you accept Amazon Gift Cards as Payment?
A. I've had many clients out of countries that PayPal serviced. Several clients don't want their assets reported. I'm just trying to make it easier to hire me, and it's been working.
Q. I'm a Voiceover Actor do you have any advice?
A. Yes. 1. Always add a copyright if you give custom samples. You might also want to charge a fee.
2. Get a website.
3. Never send samples out unless they are requested.
4. Never sign anyone up for your newsletter. Ask THEM to sign up.
5. Be confident! And don't give up.
6. Reach out to other Voice Over Actors and ask that they keep you in mind if they need a counterpart for a script.
7. Join social media and let it do the work FOR YOU! IE Facebook, Twitter and most importantly, Linkedin!
8. I don't recommend using places like voices123 (auditions are given to clients who in turn use those without paying.) nor places like fiverr, your voice is worth
more than a happy meal.
9. Don't sign NDA's if you don't have to. You could really regret it.
10. When using social media, NETWORK! IE Twitter you can have lists, on Facebook you have lists too. Make sure those lists have the right people in them. So when you are posting
on Facebook and you only want your VA's/VO's to see certain posts you select that list. As for Twitter I
run a voice over list of those that followback. I will never promote a voiceover
artist who doesn't have respect for the network connection. It's not hard to click the follow button on Twitter. And I have a Super User/
Super Follower account on Facebook as well as Twitter. So I'm blessing them by adding them.
As a social media influencer, I know what I'm doing. It's why I always stress you need to use social media. Networking isn't just about YOU, it's about your connections. That's why it's called networking.
We VO's have a lot to share and teach.
11. Podcasters are your friends. Not only may they want to hire you for work, but they may also want to interview you!
12. You don't need to be with a union, a "Talent Scout" or SAG-AFTRA to get voice over jobs.
13. Have a kick ass demo! (Even if only you think it's kick ass!)
14. Get on IMDb as soon as possible.
I have more, but if I give them all away I risk losing out on jobs as you know my secrets. I may eventually add more to this over time, but I wanted to add as much as
I did because I communicate with people in real life looking for tips/suggestions/feedback.
Q. I'm a Voice Over Artist, can you help me get Voiceover work?
A. I can offer you a few websites to join. I'm not saying I endorse them, I'm simply offering you links.
6. Code word Petite goldfish This gets you software for free you get to
beta test. Everything from physical recording equipment to software. They email you each time there is something available.
8. Annika's Freelance Jobs
Copyright © 2000
, Amy Lynn's Voice Overs. All rights reserved.